User Accounts created by the company admin are required in order to login and use FieldPulse. Only the company administrators have the ability to create new user accounts for the company. User accounts use the individual’s email address as their login ID, and a password can either be created by the admin or created by the user after creation. Each user account requires a designated role, which include Manager, Service Agent, Subcontractor, and Assignment Role. The different roles provide different levels of access to the application and company data (click here to learn more about the roles and their abilities).
Creating User Accounts
By default, your primary account that created the company is a Manager role with Admin designation that is assigned as both a Team Manager and Team Member of the team called ‘Default Team.’
1) Select the ‘Administration’ option from the menu and then select the ‘User Accounts’ tab
2) Click the Green Action Button to open a new User Account form
3) Fill out the Basic Information fields of the new user account
The red asterisk * designates a required field. Leaving the ‘Set Password’ field blank will automatically send a password reset request for the new user to their email address.
4) Open the ‘Role’ selector field and select the role for this new user
Click here to learn about the different roles. In this example, we’ll be selecting the ‘Manager’ role.
5) Select which teams the user should be designated as manager and/or team member of
By default, they are added as Manager and Team Member of every team. Note that if a manager of a team also requires the ability to be assigned work, they should also be designated as a team member of that team.
In this example, the user will be designated as both manager and team member of ‘Team B’ so that he can create/assign jobs for Team B as well as be assigned jobs for Team B.
6) Once the new user account is ready, click ‘Submit’ to save the new account and an automatic ‘Welcome Email’ will be sent to the email address for this new user
The new user can now access FieldPulse (unless designated as ‘Assignment Role’) and you can now begin assigning them jobs and subtasks.