Administrators and Managers can create job records for customers and assign them to team members. Job records can be created in different ways, but the simplest is using the ‘Create Job’ button in the upper right corner while on the ‘Team Schedule’ page. We’ll walk you through creating a job record.
1) Click the ‘Create Job’ button in the upper right hand corner.
A window will pop up to add the job details.
2) Select the customer for the job by clicking the ‘Customer’ field and selecting the customer from the list.
If your customer does not yet exist in the system, click the ‘New Customer’ icon on the far right of the ‘Customer’ field to create a new customer profile.
3) Enter a short description/title of the job to be performed.
If you previously created Job Templates, you can quickly insert them by clicking the icon on the far right of the ‘Job Title’ field. Learn more about Job Templates here.
4) Click the ‘Start Date/Time’ and ‘End Date/Time’ to quickly adjust the scheduled job.
To find open availability in your team members’ schedules, click ‘Find Availability’ to open a gantt chart view of your schedule.
5) Select the team members you wish to assign to the job record by clicking the ‘Select Team Members’ field.
All teams that you are manager of will display in the team member selector. You can select any combination of team members from any team, including multiple teams at the same time.
6) Enter any notes relevant to the job in the ‘Notes’ field.
7) Add Job Tags if needed
You can use job tags to organize your jobs and color code them to make the schedule easier to read at a glance. To add a job tag, scroll down to where it says 'Add Tags' and click in the field.
Clicking the field will bring up a list of existing job tags.
To add a new job tag, simply type it in and hit enter.
You'll then be prompted to pick a color for this tag.
8) Once your job record is fully completed, click the ‘Save’ button.
Upon saving and submitting the job record, the assigned team members will automatically receive a notification of their newly assigned work and will be available to them in their calendars.
Congratulations! You've just created a new job record. Please reach out if you need any help with creating a job email@example.com
Next up: Creating an Estimate or Invoice