Managers can create job records for customers and assign them to team members. Job records can be created in different ways, but the simplest is using the ‘Green Action Button’ in the upper right corner while on the ‘Team Schedule’ page. The Green Action Button is where you will usually find the most common actions for the particular page you are on; the action changes depending on which page you’re on. We’ll walk you through creating a job record.
1) Click the ‘Green Floating Action’ button in the upper right hand corner.
2) Select the customer for the job by clicking the ‘Customer’ field and selecting the customer from the list.
If your customer does not yet exist in the system, click the ‘New Customer’ icon on the far right of the ‘Customer’ field to create a new customer profile.
3) Enter a short description/title of the job to be performed.
If you previously created Job Templates, you can quickly insert them by clicking the icon on the far right of the ‘Job Title’ field. Learn more about Job Templates here.
4) Click the ‘Start Date/Time’ and ‘End Date/Time’ to quickly adjust the scheduled job.
To find open availability in your team members’ schedules, click ‘Find Availability’ to open a gantt chart view of your schedule.
5) Select the team members you wish to assign to the job record by clicking the ‘Select Team Members’ field.
All teams that you are manager of will display in the team member selector. You can select any combination of team members from any team, including multiple teams at the same time.
6) Enter any notes relevant to the job in the ‘Notes’ field.
7) Once your job record is fully completed, click the ‘Save’ button.
Upon saving and submitting the job record, the assigned team members will automatically receive a notification of their newly assigned work and will be available to them in their calendars.
Congratulations! You've just created a new job record. Please reach out if you need any help with creating a job email@example.com
Next up: Creating an Estimate or Invoice