In Part 2 we covered how to set up a new job. Once that job has been created, you'll be taken to the job page. On this page you’ll see several options for adding information to the job. You can add this information from the computer on the web app or on site from the mobile app. You can add:
- Job Status, found on the main 'Info' page of the job. This shows the team manager and assigned team members the current state of the job and serves as a timer for the amount of time spent on the job. The job status of a newly created job is always 'New'. Moving the status from 'New' to 'In Progress' starts the job timer, moving the status to 'Pending' pauses the timer, and moving it to 'Completed' ends the timer and marks the job as finished.
- Comments about the job from managers or service agents assigned to the job (as well as triggering push notifications about new comments). This is a great place to include information about a job as you go. We cover this in more detail in part 6. Shown are the toggles to trigger notifications to team managers or assigned team members, and the 'Send comment' button.
- Subtasks, which are like ‘to do’s’ on site, usually added by the team manager or admin. You can think of these as mini jobs-within-a-job. They can be assigned to a specific team member or the assignment can be left blank for anyone assigned to the job to do (like in this example). You can adjust the status of the sub tasks such as in progress pending or completed to let the team know where you're at on each of your tasks on site.
- Create a quote or invoice associated with this job, which can be done by the manager or service agent (depending on the permissions for your tradies). This will allow you to create a quote or invoice while you're on site. It can be done from the mobile app or on the web app. Any quote or invoice created within a job will be linked back to that job record. You'll be able to find the quote or invoice within the job record or on the quotes and invoices page. You can also send an quote or invoice via email from the app and accept signature or payment from the customer while on site. Learn more about quotes and invoices.
- Add files to the job (like photos or a PDF), done by managers or tradies. In the file section of the job you can upload photos, PDFs or other documents for review by team members or the customer. Some users find this helpful for sharing photos with a customer or with the team. Photos can be taken directly from your phone in the mobile app or uploaded from your computer on the web app.
- Clock in or out for this particular job, usually done by the service agent on site. to do this on the mobile app simply click clock in or on the web app click job actions and then select clock in. More on timesheets in part 5 of this guide.
- Attaching a custom form to the job, usually done by tradies on site. Custom forms can be used to capture information on site and shared with the team or customer. They will be saved in PDF format.
Pro tip: You can send a customer communication email about a particular job by clicking the ‘Job actions’ button and selecting ‘Customer communications’. More on setting that up in Part 6 of the Setup Guide.
That's it! Here is a quick summary of the actions you can do in a job. You can:
- Change the job status
- Add comments and send notifications about them
- Add and complete subtasks
- Create quotes and Invoices
- Add and view files related to the job
- Clock in or clock out for the job
- Complete and share forms
- Send customer communications