FieldPulse offers a two-way integration with Xero to automatically sync your customers, quotes, invoices, payment records, and invoice items between FieldPulse and Xero to make end of year accounting easier. Leverage FieldPulse's integrated invoicing system and leave the accounting work to Xero.
Once you've connected FieldPulse with your Xero account all your existing Xero data can automatically be imported into your FieldPulse account. Creating or editing customer, invoice and payment records in the office or on the job will automatically be reflected in Xero and FieldPulse, so no more double entry.
Important information before syncing:
All Xero Contacts Suppliers and Customers sync to FieldPulse as customers.
Customer records must have either a first name, last name, or company name entered in Xero. A phone number and a unique email address is preferred but not required.
Xero Contact Groups sync to FieldPulse as a parent customer and will be displayed as “Group: Primary Person.”
Ensure Tax Rate is set up in Xero even if you do not charge tax because FieldPulse pulls tax rate from Xero.
What is a Two-Way Sync?
Customers, line items, quotes, invoices and payments created, edited, or archived in FieldPulse will be automatically created, edited, or archived in Xero. Also any contacts, line items, quotes, invoices and payments created, edited, or archived in Xero will be automatically created, edited, or archived in FieldPulse.
Connecting FieldPulse to your Xero account
1) Request access to sync with Xero
To connect to Xero Online, you will first need to contact your Customer Success Manager directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or live chat with us using the blue button in the bottom right corner to request access to connect. You will then be emailed the terms and conditions and all of our resources for having a successful sync. Once you have completed these steps for a successful sync and agreed to the terms and conditions, let us know and we can enable you to connect.
2) Turn on the integration in 'Company Settings'
Once your CSM has enabled you to connect to Xero, go to the 'Company Settings' Tab. Find the 'Features & Plugins' tab and navigate until you find the Xero tile. Click 'Connect to Xero.
3) Enter your login information for your Xero account, click 'Allow Access', then follow any on-screen instructions
4) Select the time period and all the entities you would like to sync between FieldPulse and Xero.
(note: In order to sync invoices then customers, line items and payments must also be selected and synced)
5) Next you will select your default sales account (this refers to items you sell)
6) Next you will select your default sales tax rate.
7) Next you will select your default payment account.
8) Then you will be prompted to agree to the Xero integration terms and conditions.
9) Congratulations, the syncing process has started and you should see these objects start to populate in your FieldPulse account.(a sync progress bar will appear in the corner of the screen)
Note: All these options can be changed at any time on individual invoices and items or from the Xero settings.
The order in which you sync your items matters - you must sync your items in this order - Customers, Line Items, Invoices, payments.
6) Once you've successfully connected FieldPulse with Xero, your new invoices will automatically sync to Xero
Congratulations! You just synced FieldPulse to your Xero account. If you need any help please email us at email@example.com or live chat with us using the blue button in the bottom right corner.